- High Contrast:
A program that partners the Ontario Lung Association with local lawyers to help people prepare for the future.
About The Will Campaign
The Will Campaign is a program that gives individuals the opportunity to prepare estate plans while supporting The Lung Association. Participating lawyers donate 100% of their fees for preparing Basic Wills and/or Powers of Attorney to The Lung Association’s medical research and community programs.
Basic Will: $100*
Power of Attorney: $50* each type
1) Personal Care (your health)2) Continuing Property (your finances)
*Fees for additional services such as setting up a Trust would be additional and would be payable to the attorney.
*Wills and Powers of Attorney must be prepared individually
The Will Campaign opperates year round in the following communities
- Niagara Falls
- St. Catharines
* Cornwall, Ottawa, and Pembroke may also participate, but at select times of year only.
To participate in the Will Campaign, you must pre-register to receive a referral to a participating lawyer in your area. To help us with your referral, please specify the community where you live or work.
Phone: 416-864-9911 ext 221 or 1-888-344-5864 ext 221
- Adults (over age 18 in Ontario) need a Will to designate your intentions about the distribution of your estate (and name a guardian for any minor age children, if any) upon their death. Otherwise, the government will follow set succession rules which may not match your wishes.
- When your Will is prepared by a lawyer, there is a clear record of your intentions, and your ‘testamentary capacity’ (‘being ‘of sound mind and memory’), in the event that someone wanted to contest the Will.
- Your Will needs to be updated after major life events such as the start or end of a marriage, birth of children, property changes or when you become a grandparent.
- Executor: person to carry out the directives in the will, making sure that your wishes are followed. Someone who is business minded is a good choice.
- Powers of Attorney are legal documents that appoint people to make decisions and act on your behalf if you should become physically or mentally incapacitated.
The Lung Association is a registered charity dedicated to making Ontario a better place to breathe. It provides programs and services to patients and health-care providers, invests in lung research and campaigns for improved policies on lung health. Information about breathing and lung health issues is available through the Lung Health Information Line 1-888-344-LUNG (5864) or at email@example.com.