- High Contrast:
A program that partners the Ontario Lung Association with local lawyers to help people prepare for the future.
About The Will Campaign
The Will Campaign is a program that gives individuals the opportunity to prepare estate plans while supporting The Lung Association. Participating lawyers donate 100% of their fees for preparing Basic Wills and/or Powers of Attorney to The Lung Association’s medical research and community programs.
The cost of a basic Will is $100*.
The cost of a Power of Attorney is $50 for each type: Personal Care (your health) and Continuing Property (your finances).
*Fees for additional services such as setting up a Trust would be additional and would be payable to the attorney.
*Wills and Powers of Attorney must be prepared individually
The Will Campaign opperates year round in the following communities
- Niagara Falls
- North York
- St. Catharines
To participate in the Will Campaign, you must pre-register to receive a referral to a participating lawyer in your area. To register please contact us at 416-864-9911 ext 221 or 1-888-344-5864 ext 221or e-mail: email@example.com. To help us with your referral, please specify the community where you live or work.
Tips and ideas about preparing your will:
- Ensure you prepare your Will and both Powers of Attorney for Personal Care and for Continuing Property.
- Choose an executor who is business minded.
- In the Powers of Attorney for Personal Care, you can name one or more people to act as your decision maker. You should have discussions with respect to your wishes with respect to health care with the people that you name in that document.
- Update your Will when necessary – when you become an adult or after major life events such as the start or end of a marriage, birth of children, property changes or when you become a grandparent.
- Will kits are not recommended; users don’t understand the terminology used in the documents. Further, succession laws fall under provincial jurisdictions and these kits do not take this into account. Lastly, if your Will is prepared by a lawyer, there is a clear record of your intentions, and your testamentary capacity in the event that someone wanted to contest the Will.