Ontario Thoracic Society
The Ontario Thoracic Society (OTS) is a medical section of the Ontario Lung Association (OLA). Its membership consists primarily of respirologists practicing in Ontario. For more information on the benefits of membership, please click here.
The mission statement of the Society is:
"To promote respiratory health through medical research and education."
- To provide scientific and educational advice to the OLA.
- To assist the OLA in furthering its goals of supporting medical research and conducting community health programs.
- To facilitate, encourage, and adjudicate clinical, epidemiological, and basic scientific research in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of respiratory disease and the promotion of respiratory health.
- To support and facilitate continuing medical education into all aspects of respiratory health and disease throughout the province of Ontario.
- To liaise with the Canadian Thoracic Society and other provincial thoracic societies in the achievement of these common goals.
Ontario Thoracic Society Executive Committee (2013-2014)
OTS Chair: Michael Fitzpatrick, MD, FRCPI, FRCPC, DABSM
OTS Chair-Elect: Thomas Kovesi, MD, FRCPC
OTS Past Chair and
OTS Representative on OLA Board: Hans-J. Stelzer, MD, FRCPC
Research Advisory Committee Chair: Shawn Aaron, MD, MSc, FRCPC
Members at Large
John Granton, MD, FRCPC
Virjanand Naraine, MD, FRCPC
Dhenuka Radhakrishnan, MD, FRCPC
Eric Hentschel, MD, FRCPC
George Chandy, MD, MSc, FRCPC
Khalil Sivjee, MD, FCCP, FRCPC
BBC Chair 2014/Member at Large Onofre Moran-Mendoza, MD, MSc, PhD
OLA Board Member: Brenda Butters
OMA Representative: Helen Ramsdale MA, BM, MRCP (UK), FRCPC
Program Director Representative: Lori Whitehead, MD, FRCP(C)
Pediatric Representative: Sharon Dell, MD, BEng, FRCPC
Resident Representative: Althea Barthos Burrell, BASc, MD, FRCPC
OTS Medical Director: Hedy Ginzberg, MDCM, FRCPC, PhD
OTS Administrator: Jeanne Castellanos, Hons. BA